Parties & Celebrations
Special first outfits for baby
In the excitement of the moment, your newborn baby looks as beautiful naked as they ever will with clothes on. However, choosing a first sleepsuit to take to hospital with you can mean a lot in those last calm days before the birth. Photographs of your new baby will be looked at again and again, so those first little outfits never get forgotten.
Baby’s first clothes
Whether someone bought your new baby an expensive outfit for your baby shower or you liked the look of a pack of three sleepsuits you bought yourself, clothes for new babies still need to be practical and not too fussy.
• Choose cotton and other breathable natural fabrics.
• Go for vests and sleepsuits not trouser and top combinations. In the early weeks your baby will be laying in a cot or being cuddled and for the first five days your baby's umbilical cord will be healing. Sleepsuits will keep them warm enough and they can move comfortably without getting caught up in layers of frills.
• Opt for clothes that are easy to take on and off. While you are getting used to nappy changing you want simple one-pieces that unbutton at the crotch rather than anything too complicated.
• Choose clothes that are washable. If someone has bought your baby beautiful cashmere clothes save these for special photo shoot days or a visit to grandma’s rather than the hospital ward. Washing out leaks from nappies and spit-up milk is not easy with dry clean only clothes.
• Don’t put your baby in anything that is too fussy or clingy around the neck. It won’t be comfortable and your baby doesn’t have to look like Little Lord Fauntleroy.
Baby’s first journey
If you are having your baby in hospital then put them in their special clothes for the momentous journey home. Again your baby really only needs a vest, sleepsuit and a warm outer coat and hat (in colder months), but this is a very exciting time and you should make the most of it.
Christening and other special occasions
Whether you hanker after the traditional gowns for Christening or something classy yet more modern, there is an amazing range of cream and white occasionwear for small babies.
From high street names like Mamas & Papas to independent boutiques, you can find matching bootees or soft shoes to match all kinds of gowns in knits, cotton or shot silk, for the family heirloom look.
The Pudding Club Maternity Hire
New Technology for an App-ier Pregnancy
Christmas Toddler Toys.. dressing up
Maybe Baby - New Fertility Tester
First Aid courses from an award winning London based company
The Portland Hospital Welcomes Visitors to Pregnancy Open Day on Sunday 22nd of November 2015
Related Forum Topics
Have Your Say
Be the first person to comment on this article, just post a comment below.
In order to post a comment you need to be a member. Join Now | Sign in